Saturday, March 15, 2008

OH! distractions....

This week has truly been choc full of ups and downs. Well, highs for the most part. Some highlights:


  • The majority of the week was spent writing writing writing my manuscript, and the first legitimate draft is finished now. HOORAY! So that was one fantastic accomplishment.
  • I got the ok from my advisor to try to set a date for my thesis defense. HOORAY again!
  • :oP I'm now waiting to figure out when I can manage to get five faculty members all in the same place at the same time within a one week period. No easy feat!
  • My favorite late night hang out, Grace Tavern, was ranked #1 bar in Philly according to Philly Weekly! This is where I go when all I want in the world is a burger and fries. The plus: it's so frackin cool that my favorite spot is #1. The minus: now that everyone knows, it'll be more crowded. At least so far the service hasn't suffered.
  • The other HAPPY thing about finishing a draft just before the weekend is that I feel I can spend some time doing other things that I haven't had so much time for recently, like posting to my blog, or uploading my knitting projects to ravelry. Here is my happiest project that I've finished of late: my new Nordic hat!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on finishing a draft! (The hat looks good, too.)